Friday 29 September 2017

Paris Foix Deux (Paris Times Two)
























It's hard not to hum 'Le Vie En Rose' when you are strolling the streets of Paris. It seems as appropriate as visiting the boulangerie or patisserie for a daily baguette. It's as special as stopping for a morning coffee at a little cafe or ending the work day with a glass of wine at a small bar. It is quintessentially Paris, and that's what Paris felt like even though it has been a few years since I was last here. I think Paris is a state of mind ... one that I quite like and could possibly get used to.

















































Our relatively relaxed pace in Paris allowed us to walk leisurely, sit often, and reflect quietly. (I would love to say that we breathed deeply but there was way too much cigarette smoke in the air for that! Also we didn't look at some of our surroundings too closely as one didn't always want to see what was hidden in the bushes!) But I digress ... our time in Paris was one of reacquainting ourselves with an area we love (the Marais), revisiting favourite tourist spots (too many to write about, but walking the Seine at night was one of them), and finding new places to enjoy (buying fruit, vegetables, and crepes at the local Bastille market and climbing to the top of the Arc de Triomphe).

















And who can forget all those great movies set in Paris (you knew I'd get there sometime). How about Audrey Hepburn, Maurice Chevalier, and Gary Cooper in 'Love In The Afternoon'. Or Woody Allen's 'Midnight in Paris', or Alfred Hitchcock's 'Charade' or Gene Kelly in 'An American in Paris'. Like I said, it's a state of mind and I like it.









But I think what I really like about Paris is the fact that I got to share it with my two special men. It's my memory to last a lifetime.

No comments: